Waffle batter is one of those things that you can make ahead of time and have on hand for a quick and easy breakfast. But what happens when you have leftover waffle batter that you don’t want to waste? Can you save it and use it later?
The answer is yes! Waffle batter can be stored in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to three months.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- In a bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients for the waffle batter
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients for the waffle batter
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is evenly mixed together
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray and then add a scoop of batter to it, spreading it out evenly with a spatula
- Cook the waffle according to your waffle iron’s instructions and then repeat with remaining batter until you have enough waffles for everyone!
Can You Save Waffle Batter
Yes, you can save waffle batter. You can either refrigerate it for up to two days or freeze it for up to three months. When you’re ready to use the batter, just thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and then cook the waffles as usual.
How Long Does Waffle Batter Last in the Fridge
Assuming you’re talking about a batter made from scratch, it will last in the fridge for about 2 days. After that, the ingredients start to break down and the batter won’t be as effective. If you’re using a store-bought mix, it will last a bit longer – up to 5 days – but again, after that point it’s not going to be as good.
Waffles are best when they’re fresh, so if you can make your batter right before you need it, that’s ideal. But if you need to make it ahead of time, just know that it won’t be quite as good after a few days in the fridge.
How Do You Store Leftover Waffle Batter
There are a few different ways that you can store leftover waffle batter. One way is to pour the batter into a container and then place it in the fridge. Another way is to freeze the batter in an ice cube tray.
You can also make waffles ahead of time and then freeze them.
How long does pancake batter last in the fridge?
Waffles are a delicious breakfast treat, but sometimes you don’t have time to make them from scratch. Luckily, you can save waffle batter for later use! Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to enjoy fresh waffles any time.
To save waffle batter, simply pour it into a freezer-safe container and store it in the freezer for up to two months. When you’re ready to use it, thaw the batter overnight in the refrigerator before cooking your waffles as usual. You can also freeze individual portions of batter so that you can make just one or two waffles at a time.
With these tips, you’ll always have fresh waffles on hand!