If you don’t have a waffle iron, or if you’re short on time, you can make delicious waffles right on your stovetop. All you need is a nonstick skillet and a little bit of patience (the key to success with stovetop waffles is slow and steady cooking). Here’s how to do it:
1. Preheat your skillet over medium heat. If it’s not nonstick, lightly oil the surface with cooking spray or vegetable oil. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together your waffle batter ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the skillet, and using a spatula, spread it out into an even circle. Be sure not to pour too much batter, or your waffle will be thick and doughy instead of crispy and light. 4. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the surface of the waffle and the edges are cooked through but still soft (you don’t want them to brown too much).
- Preheat a stovetop waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together the waffle batter ingredients
- Pour some of the batter into the preheated waffle iron, close the lid, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through
- Remove the cooked waffle from the iron and repeat with remaining batter
- Serve immediately with your desired toppings
How Do You Make Waffles on the Stove
Assuming you would like a recipe for stovetop waffles:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly 1 egg, beaten lightly
Optional toppings: whipped cream, fresh berries, syrup, etc. Preparation: combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in medium bowl.
whisk together milk, butter and egg in another bowl. pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; mix just until blended. heat nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
melt butter on griddle; using 1/4 cup batter for each waffle, cook waffles until golden brown and crisp to touch, about 2 minutes per side.
How to cook Waffles!! (Eggo waffles, no toaster) Life changing😱
Waffles are a delicious breakfast treat that can be made on the stovetop. All you need is a waffle iron and some simple ingredients.
To make waffles on the stove, first heat your waffle iron on the stove over medium heat.
Then, in a large bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. In another bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 1¼ cups of milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined.
Next, melt some butter in a small dish and brush it onto the hot waffle iron. Pour half of the batter into the iron (you may need to use less or more depending on the size of your iron) and close it tightly. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the iron and repeat with remaining batter. Serve with syrup, fruit, or whatever else you like!
French toast is a delicious breakfast dish, but can you eat it after having a tooth extracted? The answer is yes, but you need to be careful. When you have a tooth pulled, your mouth is left with an...
If you've ever forgotten to take your sausage out of the freezer before dinner, you may be wondering if it's safe to refreeze after thawing. The answer is yes, as long as it has been thawed properly...